VistaBooks Outlet is the outlet arm of VistaBooks, publisher and distributor of books on outdoors, nature, American history, and national parks. Most of the VistaBooks-published titles remain in print, with some 335,000 copies in circulation. These can be seen at www.vistabooks.com. VistaBooks has acted as its own distributor of its titles, selling almost exclusively to resellers wherever its subject themes have interest. It has also listed for distribution thousands of similar titles from hundreds of publishers to these same outlets. Some of these have gotten "left over" and these are the ones offered here by VistaBooks Outlet at bargain prices.
Scope of VistaBooks: We hope you would like to know more about the VistaBooks publishing program. VistaBooks has as its focus presenting participant-observer accounts of historic events that occurred at particular sites, often now national or state parks or monuments. Visitors to those sites can thus in a virtual way relive contemporary, often first-hand experiences rather than read historians' reconstructions of those original times.
- Thus VistaBooks has furthered the objectives of interpretation at these sites and generally helped the public understand the sites' histories.
- Readers can therefore relate to the experiences during the tragedy of the snowbound Donner party.
- They can read Mark Twain's humorous account of mining-boom days at Virginia City, Nevada Territory or in early Hawaii.
- There are tours of Montauk Point on Long Island, Sequoia, Yellowstone, and Yosemite by travel writers of early days including John Muir and Clarence King.
- Bat Masterson tells about famous western gunfighters.
- And Teddy Roosevelt relates how to ranch in the far west, before he became America's president.
- There is ranger history by an early national park director, plus Indian rock art, as well as maritime tales of whaling and lighthouses and life-saving service.
- Each book is well illustrated, some by Thomas Moran or Frederic
VistaBooks' scope is thus national, although small. And therefore so is the scope of VistaBooks Outlet national. More about VistaBooks at www.vistabooks.com.
A near-solo enterprise. We are about the smallest company you'll ever find doing what we do, with a staff of 2. VistaBooks has been operating in Colorado continuously since 1979 (at Lakewood, Evergreen, and Grand Junction) and in the Rocky Mountains of Summit County north of Silverthorne since 1990 . We have also operated in California (Squaw Valley and Yosemite) and Nevada (Reno). An earlier company name was Outbooks; some of our imprints still carry that name. We also used the name National Park Publications. We thus trace our origins back to 1972, over 46 years ago. There have been stints working as a ranger or naturalist in national parks and as a planner in park master planning. There has also been some free-lance magazine article writing and for other book publishers, and even years spent as a professional ski instructor (see the site SkiMyBest: exits). This background leads us toward our projects.
Thanks for looking at our blog. Too, we hope to hear from you to learn about your interests, so that we can offer the books you want. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
William R. "Bill" Jones
This "About Us/Blog" page last modified 07/31/2018 12:14:18 PM. Did you come here from a link on another website? For latest version of this page, click or copy to your browser: http://vistabooksoutlet.com/vbo0blog.htm. Copyright © 2018 VistaBooks Outlet LLC.
Need help? email. We want you to find what you want to find.
END OF VISTABOOKS OUTLET "BLOG" PAGE Thanks for looking!